[ztebladeopensource] FW: Wifi

  • From: Robert Morgan <robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:46:06 +0000

Hi Benny/xiebin, Krista has been working with the latest source and thinks
there may be a problem with the version of drivers/video/msm/mdp_dma_lcdc.c in
the latest source, which is propably where the external LcdPanleID variable is
declared.  Can you please double check that the correct version was released?

Thanks
Rob

Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:13:46 +0100
From: krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ztebladeopensource] Wifi

I've tried all I can think of to compile my own ar6000.ko module but it won't
work. I get a module that is accepted but it won't work all the way. I've also
tried hexediting the ar6000.ko from my Huawei U8100 that didn't work. I'm also
in touch with the author of the wireless tethering app and to get it to work I
need to enable NAT in the kernel but as soon as I do that the whole thing
freezes when I try to start wifi so that change in the kernel requires a
recompiled ar6000.ko.

We really would need the version of the atheros drivers source that ZTE are
using.

btw, as you may have seen in the Hungarian Hedgehog thread I've managed to
figure out how to get the LCD driver to work on both OLED and LCD devices now.
I'm pretty sure ZTE forgot to include a new version of
drivers/video/msm/mdp_dma_lcdc.c in the latest source, which is propably where
the external LcdPanleID variable would have been used.

/Krister

Robert Morgan skrev 2010-11-26 20:28:

Ok,  have yoiu looked at compiling either of the atheros repositories just in
case they are newer or alternatively taking the whole. Wifi driver set from
another phone?

Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:16:20 +0100
From: krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Well, it did work perfectly today at work after I replaced the wpa_supplicant
and when I came home today it connect to my home wifi when I parked my car
outside but after that I've had a lot of "Failed to connect" so I guess it
didn't work after all. :(

Robert Morgan skrev 2010-11-26 17:13:

I assume this doesn't fix the wifi sleep issue?

Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:09:58 +0100
From: krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx

FYI, it may be to early to be sure but I may have fixed the wifi issue. It's
not the driver but the wpa_supplicant binary. I replaced it with the one from
my Huawei U8100 and so far it reconnects wifi perfectly. It's in Hungarian
Hedgehog RLS2. I've done some other changes while trying to get it to work but
I'm pretty sure replacing wpa_supplicant was the thing that fixed it. (If it's
fixed. Only tried it with one wlan so far)

Morgan, Rob skrev 2010-11-26 14:34:

Hi xiebin/ben, I’m still trying to track down a better driver for the wifi, I
wonder can you confirm what wifi chipset the blade uses please?  I suspect from
the MAC address on my phone that it’s a Samsung chipset such as the SWL-A20S ,
can you confirm which one?  I see that Samsung has an open source website so
I’m hoping they may have something on there.

Thanks
Rob