[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: couple of questions and a new question

  • From: Geoff smith <luadataviz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:54:57 +0000

Hello  Paul

Sorry for the slow response to you message.  That's good news, I hope you can
manage to figure out how to make all 3 run times co-exist, it would make life
simpler for your users.

While I am writing can I ask another newbie level question please ? I don't
really understand how ZBS does it magic and manages to debug scripts set
breakpoints etc.

When you are running Lua 5.1 interpreter and a simple script on a PC, I don't
believe that ZBS is using Luasocket to do the interfacing in this scenario ?
Please correct me if I am wrong ?

If I have a simple program that I have written that essentially is just a PC
exe that contains a statically linked Lua 5.1 source code with a bit of
additional C code functionality for my specific App. (For example I am
simulating some Relay outputs and switch inputs)

When the PC exe runs, it opens a Lua script to control the relays, look at the
switch inputs etc

From previous messages I think you said it isn't possible to use ZBS to debug
that script in this scenario ?  I don't really understand why this isn't
possible as my EXE isn't that different to just a standard compilation of Lua
5.1 source.
Could you explain what the difference is and why this wouldn't work, it would
be interesting to understand this better.

Thanks Paul

Geoff