[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: ZeroBrane Studio now includes Lua5.2, swithes to LuaJIT, and upgrades LuaSocket to 3.0.

  • From: Rob Probin <rob.probin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 06:51:25 +0100

This is really not a ZBS question ... In the local console, when I type '=bit32' I get the bit32 library from Lua 5.2 ... but I don't see any notes about that in the LuaJIT notes... how does that work then?!?! :-D

Regards,
Rob.

On 29/08/2013 21:48, Paul K wrote:
Hi All,

I just pushed changes that add out-of-the-box support for Lua5.2,
switch to LuaJIT as the default interpreter, and upgrade luasocket to
3.0.

The binaries have been updated for all platforms and are in a separate
branch for now:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/tree/lua52-jit-support;
here is the relevant ticket:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/issues/197.

LuaJIT is compiled with LUAJIT_ENABLE_LUA52COMPAT, which enables some
of Lua5.2 features (see this link for details:
http://luajit.org/extensions.html) and allows to do syntax checks for
"goto" and other features. The local console is using LuaJIT as well.

Please test it in your environment (both the default and Lua5.2
interpreters) and let me know your feedback; especially if anything is
going to break because of the changes. Note that "normal" Lua5.1
interpreter is no longer included with ZBS, but as before you can
continue using ZBS to debug your Lua 5.1 applications (you can also
use your own Lua 5.1 interpreter if you want).

Paul.