[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Remote Debugging an application statically linked to Lua

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uri.cohen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:02:51 -0800

Hi Uri,

> Thanks for the great IDE, this is much appreciated. Some of the apps I try
> to remote debug are Windows apps which statically linked to Lua rather than
> using the standard DLL.

Yes, you should be able to do this. If your application includes
luasocket, you don't need to do anything else and can just follow
instructions on this page:
http://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-remote-debugging.html.

If your application doesn't include luasocket, you can try to
reference luasocket that is included with ZBS (you can set
LUA_PATH/LUA_CPATH or package.path/package.cpath appropriately before
(for example, love2d). I posted an example of a batch file that does
this here:
http://studio.zerobrane.com/doc-remote-debugging.html#setup_environment_for_debugging

If your application is incompatible with the luasocket that ships with
ZBS (for example, yours is 64bit or is using Lua 5.2), then you will
need to compile luasocket for your application and link it against a
Lua dll that you will need to include.

Paul.

P.S. I'm cc-ing you as you don't seem to be subscribed to the list;
you may want to subscribe if you want to receive follow-up posts.