[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Debugging causes crash in Lua 5.3

  • From: Milind Gupta <milind.gupta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 11:33:38 -0700

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the update. I recompiled luasocket with my own lua library
and placed it in my Zerobrane installation. It is working fine now.

Thanks,
Milind

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Milind,

I start debugging with a Lua 5.3 which doesn't ship with ZBS, I have
compiled it from the Lua source files after adding to the PATH and CPATH
defaults and compiling with the LUA_COMPAT_MODULE definition.

I think I know what may be going on. ZBS includes a pre-release
version of Lua 5.3 and luasocket libraries are linked against that
pre-release version. Unfortunately, it seems like the release version
made an ABI change, so the compiled version of Lua 5.3 you have
doesn't work with the luasocket libraries for Lua 5.3 that are
included in ZBS.

I plan to upgrade to the release version of Lua 5.3, but for now the
workaround is to use the version that comes with ZBS (it's also
compiled with LUA_COMPAT_MODULE) and to set up PATH and CPATH from the
script. You can also grab the release version and corresponding
luasocket libraries from the branch referenced in this ticket:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/issues/453.

Paul.