[yunqa.de] Re: When a Disqlite datbase is being synced by Dropbox..

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:38:38 +0100

On 26.01.2011 07:32, Edwin Yip wrote:

> I'm not sure from where this problem is coming, I have a DiSqlite
> database file in my Dropbox <http://Dropbox.com> folder, and Dropbox was
> syncing that file when my program was opening it, and the consequence
> was that, after executing some SQL and call commit, I got the the
> following error.
>
> I hope you can give me some hints to avoid such a problem, because I use
> Disqlite database file as document format and nowadays many many people
> use Dropbox. Thanks in advance.

I have never used DropBox, but answers to the DropBox forum suggest that
DropBox has problems with locked files. SQLite relies on file locking
for multi-user concurrency. Apparently open MS Office Word and Excel
files are affected by the same problem:

  http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=18059

To me, this looks like a DropBox problem rather than a SQLite problem.