[yunqa.de] SQLite - String quote character

  • From: Tobias Rapp <t.rapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:07:34 +0200

Hello,

I noticed that the SQL as understood by SQLite seems to support both single quote (') and double quote (") character for string literals:

SELECT 'hello' a, "world" b

In the documentation it seems only the SQL standard single quote is mentioned. Using the double quote makes it more easy when embedding string literals into Delphi strings. My question now is if using double quotes is only considered some legacy/deprecated/compatibility thing in SQLite or if it is actually considered a feature?

Best regards,
Tobias