[yunqa.de] Re: RegEx.Match Access Violation

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 22:38:09 +0200

At 21:17 04.06.2010, Jim Bretti wrote:

>I need some help with another access violation raised when calling
>DIPerlRegEx.Match.  The problem seems to be related to the character à (code
>point xE0) appearing in the subject string,  with compile option coUTF8 set.
>
>The subject string is attached separately, I reduced it as much as I could but
>it is still several paragraphs.  I reduced the customer's regular expression
>to: \s?xxx\s
>
>The access violation is avoided by excluding the coUTF8 option, or replacing
>the"à" character in the first line of the subject with some other ascii
>character.

You show some real talent to uncover hidden bugs in the PCRE core! ;-)

I tracked this down to a study problem in PCRE and informed the developers
about it.

>Sample delphi 7 project is attached ... thanks for any help !!

A workaround is to remove the poAutoStudy option from TDIRegEx.Options. It is
enabled by default to speed up searches. However, it seems like not many
applications use this feature since yours is not the first study problem
discovered DIRegEx users.