[yunqa.de] Re: Read/Write compressed streams

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 12:01:01 +0200

Rolf Lampa wrote:

>Delphi Inspiration skrev:
>>
>>You can create your own xmlParserInputBuffer, ... As an example, please find
>>attached the BZip2 uncompress xmlParserInputBuffer ... Please substitute the
>>DIBZip2Api.pas with your favourite BZip2 Delphi implementation.
>>
>Ops, I don't have any BZip2 Delphi implementation (at first I thought that was
>supported in the DIUcl or DIZip libraries).

Both libraries (as their names suggest) do not handle the BZip2 compression
format. DIUcl ports UCL to Delphi and implements a number of compression
algorithms that achieve an excellent compression ratio while allowing *very*
fast decompression; Decompression requires no additional memory. DIZipWriter is
a Delphi library to create PKZip compatible compressed archives, optionally
with strong WinZip AES encryption.

>For a start I need only a bz2 decompressor which preferrably takes a TStream
>as the FileStream reader, since I already read the xml source files using my
>own code (which populates a list of MediawikiPage objects).

TStream support is not needed if you want to work with the xmlParserInputBuffer
code I posted in one of my previous messages. It solely relies an an open file
handle and the native BZip2 API compression interface.

>Where can I find a bz2 implementation for Delphi? Is that something which you
>can provide?

I have uploaded my Delphi implementation based on the latest BZip2 sources here
(no warranties whatsoever):

  http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/downloads/DIBZip2Api.zip

For documentation, please refer to http://www.bzip.org/.