[yunqa.de] Large Blob Performance Issues

  • From: David Michael <davidrm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:01:21 -0500

I'm currently evaluating DISQLite3 as a replacement for the DB in my desktop application.

One requirement I have is to be able to handle large blobs, 10-15MB.

From experimenting, anything over 2MB or so tends to suffer. Not so bad on loading (though not great either), but saving takes seconds. This is true whether I do a single "traditional" blob binding, or the "incremental" approach. Traditional is actually slightly faster.

I found I could improve performance some by increasing the PageSize, but that has a predictable (and significant) impact on the size of the DB file.

I'm looking other suggestions for improving saving & loading of large blobs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-David