[yunqa.de] Error "SQLite Error 1 - cannot rollback - no transaction is active".

  • From: Edwin Yip <edwin.yip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 23:28:00 +0800

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your help, but I think it's not the case and the situation is
different from the page you point to, actually, I read that page before
posting my question here.

The problem described in that page is about a sqlite database is locked and
can't be synced by Dropbox.

But my problem is with the *original *database file, not a one that's copied
to another computer by Dropbox.

Maybe this "SQLite Error 1 - cannot rollback - no transaction is active"
error is not related to Dropbox? Since I got the same error report from some
of my software users. What other factors might cause this problem?

And the code that caused this error is as following:
  if FDb.InTransaction then
    FDb.Commit; //yes, commit, not rollback, I wonder why the errr msg says
'rollback'.

Thank you Ralf!

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26.01.2011 07:32, Edwin Yip wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure from where this problem is coming, I have a DiSqlite
> > database file in my Dropbox <http://Dropbox.com> folder, and Dropbox was
> > syncing that file when my program was opening it, and the consequence
> > was that, after executing some SQL and call commit, I got the the
> > following error.
> >
> > I hope you can give me some hints to avoid such a problem, because I use
> > Disqlite database file as document format and nowadays many many people
> > use Dropbox. Thanks in advance.
>
> I have never used DropBox, but answers to the DropBox forum suggest that
> DropBox has problems with locked files. SQLite relies on file locking
> for multi-user concurrency. Apparently open MS Office Word and Excel
> files are affected by the same problem:
>
>  http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=18059
>
> To me, this looks like a DropBox problem rather than a SQLite problem.
>
> Ralf

Best Regards,
Edwin Yip

Mind Mapping is as Effortless as Typing