[yunqa.de] Re: DISQLite3 support for multi threading

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:08:30 +0200

On 14.04.2011 15:46, Nicholas Fauchelle wrote:

> I have a Thread class which creates a db connection then writes
> several lines and quits.
>
> Is the sqlite package threadsafe, so this can occur and table
> locking/db locking is handled automatically?

Yes, DISQLite3 is compiled to be thread safe.

The compile-time threading mode is "serialized". This means that, by
default, DISQLite3 can be safely used by multiple threads with no
restriction.

At run-time, the threading mode can be determined by flags passed to
sqlite3_open_v2().

The DISQLite3.chm documentation contains the full details here:

  SQLite3 Documentation -> Thread Safety