[yshavurah] bagel bunch

  • From: "Johanna" <rebiljoj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yellow springs havurah" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:08:31 -0400

Friends,

There has been much discussion over the last few months about the fate of the
current Bagle Bunch group.  I have added to the mess by being indecisive and
trying to balance my own professional and family needs.

I am happy to report, that, if you guys still want me, I'm here!  I would love
to teach this group as well as the older group that I am currently working with!

Please let me know ASAP, if you are interested in your child being involved.
This group will be ages K-1st grade.  The curriculum will involve rudimentary
prayer skills; intro to Hebrew through songs, visual and tactile techniques;
the study of the Jewish holidays and Jewish symbols found in the home and
synagogue; and, of course, Jewish ethical values and tzedaka.

We will meet once a week for 1.5 hours.  This will include snack and some
active/play time.  It'd prefer an afternoon after school if that works for
everyone else.

Heretofore (I love that word!) this group will be known as Talmidim (students)
Aleph.  The older group will be Talmidim Bet.

The financial structure will be as we had all discussed individually for both
programs.  $150 for the year for each student unless a family has more that one
child in the program.  Then it will be $125.  These funds will go though the
Havuah, but will be paid to me as an independent contractor.

Trust me, I won't be making any money!  Besides expenses, general supplies,
snacks, etc. I will need to purchase significant additional materials for both
groups.  As it stands, I would like to also pay for the kid's books with that
money, but I will have to figure more closely.  The books, if I need to make
them additional, are paperbacks and will not be excessive.

Also, of course, if anyone has difficulty with this financial arrangement,
please don't hesitate to call me.  I want all our children to have the best
Jewish education possible and don't want anyone to suffer due to a financial
burden.

That's it!

Shalom,

Johanna