[yshavurah] YS Calendar w/Annual Meeting Date

  • From: "Suzanne A. Smailes" <ag348@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, everyone -

Here is the calendar for the upcoming weeks; I won't be around next Fri, so I
am including 2 weeks, plus a couple of "heads ups":

Fri Jun 21      Candlelighting 8:4p p,
                (Happy Summer!!)

Sat Jun 22      Havdalah (72 min) 10:19 pm

                Liz and Paul are having "Marko and his Dad", ie the Packards,
                over to their barn for a concert.  They sing Russian Ballards,
                French Love Songs, Irish reels, and the Blues...
                8 pm at their barn on Carey Road
                Potluck intermission-  if you are interested in going, or need
                directions, call Paul or Liz at 937-987-2671.

Fri Jun 28      Candlelighting 8:50 pm

Sat Jun 29      Services at Rockford Chapel, 10 am with Rabbi Gevirtz

                Havdalah (72 min) 10:20 pm

Heads up:       Rosh Chodesh group will be discussing Postville, by Stephen
                Bloom at the next meeting.

Jul 17          A Summer Study session on the book of Lamentations with
                Rabbi Gevirtz on the eve of Tisha B'Av, 8-9:30 at
                Randi and Jay Rothman's (1050 President Street)
                No Hebrew knowledge necessary.

Sun Aug 4       ANNUAL YS HAVURAH MEETING

                We will be holding our annual meeting at a local restaraunt
                (similar to last year), 6 or 6:30 to 8:30 or 9
                (more details later!) -- Mark your calendars now!

Thanks - as always, if you have anything to add/correct, please do so!

Shabbat Shalom,

Suzanne