[yshavurah] Re: (No Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:18:44 -0000

  • From: "johanna" <rebiljo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Friends,

Tu B'shvat is coming soon at the end of the month.  Although it is always
strange, somehow, to think about planing trees when we are in the midst of
winter, it is a wonderful time to think about our guardianship of the earth,
it's precious resources, and the fact that they are all gifts from G-d.
It's also comforting to think about the promise of spring, just a few short
months off, as we bundle up and arm ourselves against the cold.

Erev Tu B'shvat is Sunday,  January 27.  We would like to have a Tu B'shvat
seder begining at 4:00p.m.  It will include an early supper.  (This way it
will not conflict with the rabbi's class that evening at 7).  It will be
especially kid-friendly, but also a rich experience for adults.

I am trying to working on getting Rockford for the event.  But I DESPERATELY
need helpers.  We need the following:
    Food coordinators
    Set up
    Clean up
    Someone to get the ritual foods (juices, friuts, nuts, etc.)

We have had some wonderful Tu B'shvat seders in the past, and with the
addition of dinner, this one should be even nicer.  If you can help in any
way, please e-mail or call me.  Thanks!

Johanna 767-2311