[yshavurah] Micki - One More Time

  • From: Adamsmicki@xxxxxxx
  • To: Adamsmicki@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 04:34:09 EDT

Several of you asked for  this and instead of trying to figure out who did
and who didn't, I'm sending  everyone both the obituary and the link.

Thank you for all the  cards, letters, phone calls, etc., that you've all
sent our way.  We had a  well-attended visitation on Thursday night, followed
by
a brief, but very  heartfelt service the next morning.  Although the reason
was tough, it was  great to see a lot of you again.  Mom had friends from all
walks of life  and I think I can say for her that each and every one of you
meant as much to  her as she did to you.

I met many of you only by  getting into her mailbox after she went into the
hospital.  From what you  wrote and what she told me about some of her online
buddies, she chose some  special people to call friend.  Even though Mom is no
longer able to write  to you, I hope that you won't forget her and you'll
occasionally write to me and  say hey.  My email is _DejaVu1182@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:DejaVu1182@xxxxxxx) .

As I said before, I will  write again as soon as we have our celebration of
Mom's life  planned.  Please be patient, we've got a lot to do right now, but
it will  happen.

_Click here: Yellow  Springs News Online_
(http://www.ysnews.com/obituaries/index.html)

May 18, 2006
Micki Ross Adams - February 4, 1934 - May 15, 2006
Well-known professional psychic Micki Ross Adams,  formerly Muriel Ross
Avnaim, died Monday, May 15, at Greene Memorial  Hospital, following a brief
illness.
Micki was born in the Bronx, N.Y. She attended Hunter  College, married Ralph
Avnaim in 1953, and moved to Ohio in 1960. She was  the editor and held
office in Dayton Area Mensa, was cofounder of the  Dayton Chapter of PFLAG,
founded
the first Overeaters Anonymous Group in  Dayton, won awards for knitting,
sewing, baking, and received awards for  acting, both on stage and on screen.
Some of her other interests included  editing, songwriting, Gilbert and
Sullivan,
Sweet Adelines, Council of the  Blind, and the Red Hat Society. She also did
volunteer work in many areas,  especially with animals. She drove for the
Yellow Springs Senior Center,  volunteered at the Crisis Center and answered
phones at the Suicide  Prevention Center. She was a plane spotter in WWII.
As a journalist, she was published in many periodicals  and newspapers,
including the Dayton Image when the two Dayton  newspapers were on strike, and
was
the editor of the New Carlisle Advisor.  Micki also worked at AFIT in the
School of Engineering at Wright-Patterson  Air Force Base. She worked for the
Montgomery County Health Department and  was the secretary for the Medway
United
Methodist Church. She was the  nationâ??s top saleswoman and designed jewelry
for
Sarah Coventry. For the  past 17 years, Micki gave psychic readings at Déjà
Vu.
She is survived by her six children and their spouses,  Mitchell and Ginny
Avnaim, Donna Avnaim, Peter and Kathy Avnaim, Scott  Avnaim, Tracy Avnaim
Schaffner and Robert Schaffner, and Jeri Avnaim; 10  grandchildren; and one
great-grandchild.
Visitation will be held Thursday, May 18, 5â??7 p.m., at  Jackson, Lytle
Williams & Maley Funeral Home in Yellow Springs. A  graveside service will be
held
Friday, May 19, 11:30 a.m., at Glen Forest  Cemetery, with Larry Rezash
officiating. In lieu of flowers, the family  requests that donations be made to
any
charity Micki was involved  with.