[yshavurah] Fw: Interesting Idea

  • From: "Cheryl Levine" <clevineys@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Havurah Listserv" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:38:14 -0400

From: Patricia Ressler-Billion=20
To: stannahorn@xxxxxxx ; MLINCOLN.LAPO.LAKEVIEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; =
siagkris@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cc: RCF2U@xxxxxxx ; andmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; mfernan4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; =
clevineys@xxxxxxxxxx ; DrDaleW@xxxxxxx ; sandimathews@xxxxxxxxxx ; =
cse7@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 3:21 PM
Subject: FW: notice

Mikvah: Sunday, August 29th at 10:00 am.=20
In preparation for the High Holy Days, the women of our community are =
invited to participate in a mikvah.  A mikvah is the ritual bath to =
purify our body and spirit. Many people have the custom to go to the =
Mikvah before Rosh Hashana. A Mikvah, which has the power to purify from =
certain types of spiritual impurities, can be an important part of the =
Teshuva process. We will have a short ceremony: you may wear a bathing =
suit(ideally, a loose fitting one), but do not use perfume, lotion, =
deodorant or jewelry.  The ceremony will take place at a local spring =
fed body of water, to be determined;  we intend on having it at the most =
accessible site as possible.=20
The location will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks in a reminder =
message. Please call Patty Ressler-Billion if you have questions, need =
transportation or have needs related to access, and to confirm your =
participation.

-- File: notice.eml

From: "Patricia Ressler-Billion" <billion-ressler@xxxxxxx>
To: jreck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: notice
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:18:55 -0400
are well.&nbsp; Will you put this message out for the Temple community,
please...</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV
class=RTE>____________________________________________________________________________</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Mikvah: Sunday, August 29th at&nbsp;10:00&nbsp;am.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>In preparation for the High Holy Days, the women of our
community are invited to participate in a mikvah.&nbsp; A mikvah is the ritual
bath to purify our body and spirit. Many people have the custom to <B>go to the
Mikvah</B> before Rosh Hashana. A Mikvah, which has the power to purify from
certain types of spiritual impurities, can be an important part of the Teshuva
process. We will have a short ceremony:&nbsp;you may wear a&nbsp;bathing
suit(ideally, a loose fitting one), but&nbsp;do not use perfume,
lotion,&nbsp;deodorant or jewelry.&nbsp; The ceremony will take place at a
local spring fed body of water,&nbsp;to be determined;&nbsp;&nbsp;we intend on
having it at the most accessible site as possible.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The location will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks in a
reminder message. Please call Patty Ressler-Billion if you have questions, need
transportation&nbsp;or have&nbsp;needs related to access, and to confirm your
participation.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV></div></html>