[yshavurah] BTW....JewWatch

  • From: "Daniel Katz-Stein" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Havurah'" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:15:54 -0400

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1555066,00.asp=20

PC Mag says:

"The search engine mentioned in the article-and one I've been toying =
with-is
Teoma (www.teoma.com), ironically now owned by Ask Jeeves. It often
outperforms Google in accuracy and in putting exactly what you want at =
the
top of the results list.=20

*****Some of this may have to do with Google's abandonment of its =
ranking
methodology because of the emergence of redundant cross-linking, which =
is
something many outsiders blame on nearly 5 million slaphappy bloggers =
and
their so-called blogrolls.*********

The continued advantage of Google over the competition, though, is the
Google Web cache. It's amazing how many pages are off-line but still
available in the Google cache. Unless a new engine comes along and
duplicates this feature, there's no way Google can not stay on top of =
this
game."