[yourwateryoursay action group] What is happening with our water - invitation to film night and forum

  • From: "Andrea Bolch" <andrea.bolch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yourwateryoursay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:05:00 +1100

PASSING ON AN INVITATION TO DOCUMENTARY SCREENINGS TO BE HELD IN FRANKSTON
TUESDAY 31ST MARCH.

What is really going on with our community's water?

You are invited to the screening of two new controversial documentaries on the
privatisation of our water resources.

Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue is the story behind the decision to build the world's largest
reverse

Osmosis desalination plant on the bass Coast.

Why did the Victorian Government spend millions of dollars and years of
research developing

 a sustainable water strategy for Melbourne, only to dump it in favour of
large, capital and energy intense engineering projects?

The program documents the global and local objections to desalination and
shares the journey of opposition with local activists.

As their story unfolds they discover there is more to the government's plans
than the

Construction of pipes and water infrastructure.

While the focus is on the Wonthaggi desalination plant, it canvases a range of
general issues

related to the diversion of agricultural water to Melbourne and the fate of
sustainable solutions under the labour government.

This will be followed by:

"Corporate Theft of Water" by acclaimed Canadian author and environmental
activist, Maude Barlow.

Following the screenings there will be an opportunity to ask questions from our
panel of experts that include Neil Rankine from Watershed Victoria.

We want to hear your YOUR voice on this important issue.

When: Tuesday 31 March 7:00pm (Screening starts at 7:30pm)

Venue:  Samuel Sherlock Hall, Quality St Frankston (Melway 100A F8) off
Cranbourne Rd behind Chisholm TAFE

Entry:  Suggested donation $5

Proudly presented by the Frankston Branch of the Australian Greens, Friends of
Frankston and Watershed Victoria.

Warmest wishes

JPEG image