[yourwateryoursay action group] REMINDER: Bass Coast Community Forum

  • From: "Andrea Bolch" <abolch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yourwateryoursay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:07:26 +1000

PLEASE BRING AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN

WE NEED TO SHOW GOVERNMENT & MELBOURNE THAT WE WILL NOT GO AWAY!

Where: Wonthaggi Town Hall

When: Tuesday 24th June @ 7.30 pm

Why: To show the State & Federal Governments that they might want to take our
money, but they cannot silence this community's opposition to the desalination
project.

On June 19th it will be exactly one year since the Brumby Government told us
all that Australia's largest desalination project will be built on the Bass
Coast.

We are still asking the fundamental questions that they have not answered in 12
months.  They have consistently failed to enter into any meaningful discussions
or consultation with the community or the Bass Coast Shire Council.

Tuesday evenings meeting is for everyone to get an update on the campaign,
learn more about the power supply issue, understand what the real legal
position is, where we go from here and what you can do to help.

That is, where we all go together from here, as your involvement and support is
crucial to a successful campaign.

So please, come and show your support next Tuesday.

Bring the family, bring your friends and show that no matter what happens to
Your Water Your Say - this Community will maintain its vocal outrage at the way
this community has been treated and that the campaign to STOP the desalination
plant will continue.

The media will all be invited so help us send the message to Melbourne and to
Governments that we will not simply go away by attempts to silence us.

See you there.

Your Water Your Say Action Group Inc.