[yourwateryoursay action group] Families Against Desalination

  • From: "morgan wayaani" <wayaani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yourwateryoursay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:01:48 +1000

**
*Sunday 8th June: "Families Against Desalination"*

We've organised a last minute rally in Cowes this Sunday to catch the long
weekend tourists, and spread awareness of our cause and the big July 5th
rally coming up. Here's the details:

11:00am - assemble on lawn at Bass Coast Shire Council 91-97 Thompson Ave,
Cowes
11:30am - make our way down Thompson Ave to the Mosaic Platform
12-2pm - street performance, poetry & guest speaker, as well as information
stalls

Now that may sound a little plain, a bit run-of the-mill, but let me expand
on the events of the day:

   - recitiation of Steve Horton's famous poem "Desalination" complete with
   flying pigs
   - Neil's "Ten-pin Penguin Bowling" parade
   - Nia's "Climate Ark" performance

This will be a few fun hours, and good practise for July 5th. We do need
some help though. If you can help with any of the following please call
Morgan on 0403 853 141.

   - 10 children to be dressed as penguins and bowled over by 'Brumby' (we
   have penguin suits, just need to fill them) (and it's not dangerous)
   - 14 people of any age to dress in Hawaiian grass skirts (over your
   clothes of course!) for Nia's play
   - 4 volunteers to assist road marshalls - the official marshalls will be
   provided by the council, but they would appreciate our help
   - 2-4 volunteers to be at the information table, selling stickers, giving
   info etc

We will have a prop-making workshop tonight (Thursday) at Morgan's house:
20 Watt St, Wonthaggi 6pm onwards - all welcome, come on down with your glue
& scissors!!

This is a good chance to hand out flyers for the climate change rally (5th
July) and tap into the tourists' awareness of our cause.
We realise it's late notice and many of you already have plans for this
weekend, but please help out if you can. I think there will be a lot of fun
& laughter

Thanks!

Kate, Nia & Morgan