Re: [yoshimi-user] Yoshimi Fails on Xrun!

  • From: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user <yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:38:06 -0500

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 21:27 -0300, Ivan Hernandez wrote:

Ok. I did a lot of heavy tunning. Fluxbox + linux RT patches + usb
lexicon lambda sound card + (very important) cpufrequtils to tune up
cpu Mhz and yes, i can even push it to 1.33ms latency and yoshimi
works great, without any xrun. And Yes, with Lexicon Lambda it does
take a lote more heavy work to make it freeze like when using the
crappy HDA Intel onboard soundcard. But anyway in my programming
experience (more on the network communications field than on the sound
world) every little bug is always an open door to failure. So i would
like to have instructions on how to produce usefull information to
kill this Xrun bug.

I will be clear, i know that yoshimi is a real synth doing real work,
but a single xrun freezing is something to take a loot at.
Also i have been able to make it work much better, but that's hiding a
bug with a lot of horsepower and tunning. I like to do both, tune up
the system and killing the bug.

Cheers

Ivan

One question. Are you still running the default PulseAudio
configuration provided with Ubuntu? This is guaranteed to cause havoc.
It's a good example of a distro-level bug, rather than an
application-level bug. And only very rare distros are made with the
intelligence to avoid this one.

J.E.B.