Re: [yoshimi-user] Voice change

  • From: cal <cal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:23:07 +1000

On 21/07/10 08:12, Will J Godfrey wrote:

I've just discovered that my voice patch 'Yiee' sounds quite different
on Yoshi to Zyn. This difference goes back as far as 0.036 (the oldest
version I have).

It's a voice I very rarely use, hence the fact I've only just noticed
it. On Zyn it is a very smooth vocal sound whereas Yoshi makes it sort
of warble (just as if there was 50Hz hum getting in to an amplifier).

This is a very simple voice. It is just a single part ADDsynth but the
only voice of mine that uses a formant filter.

If you want a laugh. it is the 'lead' instrument here :-
http://www.archive.org/download/BitsAndPieces/0712_Folderol_DaMice.mp3

That is so disappointing, I really hoped the days of scouring massive diffs
were over :-(. There's a bit of mild drama in play here at the moment, but
I'll go looking for the cause asap.

cheers.