Re: [yoshimi-user] Unison?

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:48:35 +0100

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 06:18:14 +1000
cal <cal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/08/10 05:41, S C Rigler wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked before or if I'm looking in the
wrong place in the gui, but... Zynaddsubfx has a control called
"Unison" which is asked from the ADSynth Voice Parameters window below
Voice Oscillator. Is this control accessible in the Yoshimi gui
anywhere?

Not yet, but I want it there. Six months ago I had a good play with Paul's
Unison code, and I quite like it :-). One factor in my not putting it into
the released versions of yoshimi was that I really wanted to give Paul a
chance to enjoy the buzz of releasing his work before I might be deemed to
be "pinching" it. From my experience with unison, it could really benefit
from the recent boost memory experimentation I've been playing with. Unison
comes with a significant increase in the new/delete [] ops applicable to each
noteon/noteoff, so it's just that little bit more demanding.

Can't promise how fast it'll get into yoshi, but I want unison in there too
:-).

cheers, Cal

Hmmm.
There seems to be some mind reading going on :)
I was thinking about this recently, but didn't want to ask too many
questions at once. Then only this morning I was thinking it was rather
quiet on here :o

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk