Re: [yoshimi-user] Part colours

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 01:11:30 +0100

On Sun, 31 May 2015 18:29:06 +0000
oli_kester <oli_kester@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

---- On Mon, 25 May 2015 16:47:21 +0000 Will Godfrey wrote ----
@ oli
We can't rely on background colour as that would only allow one engine to be
identified at a time. As we have it, use of all engines is identified - even
if
one of them is only used on the last entry of a 16 part kit :)

Doh - of course! Is there any possibility of dividing up the background box
into three segments for the three different voices?

I've actually found a way to do this for the main display and for the mixer
panel window - this is in the latest 'master' version, but the instrument bank
window is a tougher proposition :(

Or could we instead (or additionally) try a tooltip that pops up when you
hover over each part in the bank? That way you could have a text description
of ADD/SUB/PAD along with lots of other info about the patch.

I'm not keen on tooltips they're only visible when you hover over the item, and
then have a habit of covering up exactly what you want to see!

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.