Re: [yoshimi-user] Controlig effects with a midi controller

  • From: Michel Vergnaud <vergnaud@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:38:01 +0100

Le 14/02/2014 21:08, Will Godfrey a écrit :

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:09:59 +0100
Michel Vergnaud <vergnaud@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I build a small software allowing system and insertion effects level in
Yohimi and Zynaddsubfx to be contolled with a midi keyboard (or
sequencer or other devices).

The goal is to give some better possibilities when live playing or
recording.
Of course this software will be obsolete if 'midi learn' is implemented
in Yoshimi :)

If you think it is interesting, you can have a try at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zynyoshcontrol/?source=directory
There's a README file with almost everything useful...

All remaks and ideas are welcome !

Michel
Not forgotten, but it will be a while before I can look at this myself. Anyone
else tried it with yoshimi?

Hi,
This software has been followed by another one, same goal, but more complete :
http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=zynfxcontrol
With this one you can control not only levels, but many parameters of Zyn effects.

Unfortunately, it seems that Yoshimi does not know any longer NRPN messages that were used in Zyn to control effects parameters.
My software is just a translator between CC midi messages from a midi device and these NRPNs used by Zyn, with a (I hope) nice GUI.
I really intended to make it useful for both Zyn and Yosh, that's why I named the first one ZynYoshControl, but I realized it didn't work with Yoshimi...

It has been downloaded 51 times, no review...

Thanks for your interest in this software, and above all thanks for all the work you did in Yoshimi. Your banks of instruments are really fantastic !
Michel Vergnaud