[ycnews] Fulfilling the Promise of Gender Equality: Women, Girls and the Post-2015 Agenda

  • From: Youth Coalition <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:51:05 -0400

Amina Doherty speaking on the panel: Fulfilling the Promise of Gender
Equality,

"We're tired of lip service and of 'youth' being a buzzword. We're invited
to the United Nations, but we still don't see our issues on the agenda. We
are the largest generation of young people in history, but are still left
out of decision-making. We want our issues represented in reality,"

See what others had to say!

*Fulfilling the Promise of Gender Equality: Women, Girls and the Post-2015
Agenda*

[image: cid:image001.jpg@01CF41E9.20704DD0]

What have we learned about addressing gender equality from the Millennium
Development Goals? What key priorities must be addressed in the Post-2015
Development Agenda in order to ensure the fundamental human rights and
freedoms of all women, girls and young people are fulfilled?

On the second day of the 2014 Commission on the Status of Women, the
High-Level Task Force for the International Conference on Population and
Development (ICPD), along with the Governments of Denmark and Uruguay,
hosted a side-event to ask leaders in the field these questions. Highlights
and video of their frank and pointed responses are captured
here<http://www.icpdtaskforce.org/news-events/panel-urges-leaders-to-fulfill-promise-gender-equality.html>,
including a recap of the event, photos, webcast and press coverage.

*Panelists *(from left to right above)

·         Ms. Amina Doherty, Youth Leader, Antigua and Barbuda/Nigeria
Board Member, Global Fund for Women

·         Dr. Nafis Sadik, Secretary-General of the International
Conference on Population and Development

·         Mr. Michel Sidibé, Executive Director, UNAIDS

·         Ms. Beatriz Ramírez Abella, Director of the National Institute
for Women, Ministry for Social Development, Uruguay

·         Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Member of the
High-Level Task Force for ICPD

·         Moderator: Ms. Lynne Featherstone, Parliamentary Under Secretary
of State for International Development, United Kingdom

--

You have received this message because you are subscribed to
YCNews<http://youthcoalition.org/html/subscribe.php?cnt=2>

Like us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/youthcoalition> | Follow us on
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/youth_coalition> | Visit our
Website<http://www.youthcoalition.org/>