[ycnews] FW: Young Visionaries Contest

  • From: Emily Turk <emily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:56:12 -0400

FYI

________________________________
From: Chelsea Ricker
Sent: March 16, 2010 2:59 PM
Subject: Young Visionaries Contest

There are 1.2 billion people between the ages of 10 and 19 in the world
today-the largest generation of adolescents ever. Around the world, strong and
dynamic youth movements are gaining momentum-and so are their human rights and
social justice agendas. From Nigeria to Peru, young people are securing access
to comprehensive sexuality education and reproductive health care, and engaging
with policymakers locally, nationally, and internationally.

At the International Women's Health Coalition<http://iwhc.org>, we are inspired
by the activism of young people and their visions for the future of sexual
rights and reproductive health.

Through our Young Visionaries contest, we aim to celebrate, acknowledge, and
support the exceptional and ongoing work of young people.

Our Young Visionaries contest encourages youth to share their visions for young
people and the future. Until March 25, 2010 youth between the ages of 18 and 30
can share their visions for a just and healthy life, and get a chance to win a
$1000 grant from the International Women's Health Coalition to fund a project
that works toward this vision.

Do you share IWHC's vision for promoting and protecting the health and rights
of women and young people worldwide? Are you actively engaged in shaping a
world where women and young people are free from discrimination, sexual
coercion, and violence; where they make free and informed choices about
sexuality and reproduction; or where health information and services are
available to help them lead safer and healthier lives? Do you have an idea for
a project that works toward your vision of change?

Nominate yourself today by answering four short questions about your vision.
Then, spread the word and encourage people to vote for you! Five nominees will
become finalists by popular vote and IWHC staff will select five more nominees
after nominations close on March 25, 2010. Our guest
judges<http://blog.iwhc.org/young-visionaries/judges/> will then select our
Grand Prize winner, who will be announced in early April. The contest is open
to young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) from all over the
world. Read full contest rules
here<http://blog.iwhc.org/young-visionaries/contest-rules/>.
Register Here<http://blog.iwhc.org/young-visionaries/>.

Chelsea Ricker I Program Assistant, Africa
International Women's Health Coalition I 333 7th Avenue, 6th Floor, New York,
NY 10001
www.iwhc.org<http://www.iwhc.org/> I cricker@xxxxxxxx<mailto:cricker@xxxxxxxx>
I Tel: 1.212.979.8500 I Fax: 1. 212 979.9009
A just and healthy life:  Every woman's right.