[ycnews] #CPD45 Call for watchdog articles

  • From: Jessica Main <Jessica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ycnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:13:15 -0400

Dear SRR activists,
We would like to share the following opportunity with you.
The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive
Rights<http://www.youthcoalition.org/> is attending the upcoming 45th Session
of the Commission on Population and Development (CPD), for which the theme is
Adolescents and Youth. The 2012 CPD will be held at the United Nations in New
York City from April 23-27th. Our members, Emily, Oriana, Maria Ines and
Mari-Claire will represent the YCSRR<http://www.youthcoalition.org/> during the
CPD. We are busy with all kinds of preparations in anticipation of this
conference, which include developing and disseminating a #CPD45 edition of the
Watchdog!
As many of you know, the YCSRR<http://www.youthcoalition.org/> produces our
event-based newsletter, the
watchdog<http://youthcoalition.org/html/index.php?id_art=98&id_cat=7>, at many
international conferences and events that we attend. The
YCSRR<http://www.youthcoalition.org/> uses the
watchdog<http://youthcoalition.org/html/index.php?id_art=98&id_cat=7> as an
advocacy tool with policy and decision-makers. For this edition of the watchdog
<http://youthcoalition.org/html/index.php?id_art=98&id_cat=7> we are looking
for articles discussing the following topics:
1. Evidence on how the ICPD's Programme of Action impacts the grass-roots
level, by providing examples of best practices on abortion services and
comprehensive sexuality education;
2. Experiences on the importance of SRR for adolescents;
3. Research on the importance of this year's CPD in light of the Rio Earth
Summit, ICPD and MDGs processes towards 2014/2015.
We would like you to take this opportunity to share your ideas on these issues
with the world! We strongly encourage young people under the age of 18 to
submit articles. Articles are welcome in any widely spoken language (not
necessarily UN language) and should not exceed 1 page. Please include pictures,
if possible, as well as your full name and organizational affiliation, if
relevant.
Please send submissions to:
wieke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wieke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> by April 9th, 2012.
We are very much looking forward to receiving your articles! Please feel free
to share this call for articles through your networks.

Thank you in advance,

-       Youth Coalition's team for #CPD45!

Jessica Main
Logistics and Administrative Officer
youth coalition for sexual and reproductive rights
jessica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lynda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /
www.youthcoalition.org<http://www.youthcoalition.org/>
tel: +613 562 3522 / fax: +613 562 7941

working internationally for sexual and reproductive rights.