Re: Editing Doom on Linux PPC

  • From: Steve Oxley <Stephen.Oxley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yadex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:17:30 +1100

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 10:23, you wrote:
[...]
> I have a Macintosh PowerBook 3400 which I'm planning to
> put Yellow Dog Linux on, but if I can't edit Doom on it, I'll probably end
> up getting a PC laptop.

I know that there is a Debian distribution of Linux for the PowerPC, and that
there is a Debian package for Yadex (under i386, anyway).

It may be worth your while going Debian, rather than YellowDog.

(And the Debian command 'apt-get install <foo>' or 'apt-get source <foo>'
makes it very easy to install packages or get the source for them.)

> Cheers,
> Adam.

Steve

--
ObRandomCynicalComment:
  Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;