Re: TYP and newer printers

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 22:18:48 -0500

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey" <priscamg@xxxxxxxxxx> Thu,
04 Mar 2010 16:57:48 -0500

Patricia:

> Apparently either the latest versions of Ghostscript, or new
> Epson and Lexmark printers, are playing hob with the U2
> routines typ and xy2pdf.

When it comes to TYP and XY2PDF, I'm not a doctor, I only play one
on TV, but....

I take it that the printer pop-ups and the printer/modem conundrum
are not anything new, and are therefore not likely to be the
culprit.

The fact that the BATch files are not being deleted suggests that
one or more BATch commands is bombing. The first thing I'd do is run
the commands manually from the CMD prompt and see if you get error
messages, which might throw light on the problem.

If that doesn't work, take two aspirins and call Robert in the
morning.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx