SWITCHING TO NOTA BENE

  • From: "Avrom" <avromf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "xywritenew" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:43:03 -0400

Dear Fellow Xywriters

I wouild appreciate any advice on switching to Nota Bene.

I do not have the desired technical knowledge to keep tweaking Xywrite in
Windows xp or using varrous virtual xp   modes in Windows 7 or 8 and am
seriously considering switching to Nota Bene.  Basically I have been using Xy
as a simple word processor.  I am comfortable with it after 15-20 years.  Its
major appeal for me is I am used to it,  its speed especiially in search and
replace, my ability to customize the key board and the ability to call on the
list serve for technical support.  For what it is worth I use an hp laserjet
5for printing and usually repleace one every year or two on ebay which if I
shop carefully costs about $50.  So far that experince over ten years has
worked out fine. i

I have alwasys used word for word to convert xy documents to Wp 5.1 when I
print a document and have been doing that for almost as long as I have had xy.

I would like to get a new pc and a new laptop mostly for surfing the web and
would like to go with a newer windows if Nota Bene is a comfortalble fit after
so many years with Winodws 98 and windows xp both with xy. .

As ever

Avrom Fischer
avromf@xxxxxxx<mailto:avromf@xxxxxxx> or
af413@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:af413@xxxxxxxxxxxx>