Re: Portable Xy4 made easy

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:09:51 -0400

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Tue, 03 Jul
2012 14:39:34 -0400

Harry:

> *>>It<<* doesn't work right with XyWrite-Tame. [Emphasis added.]

What is "it"? Do you mean the program (PORTABLE.PM), or the two files
it creates?

If the former, tell me more: how, precisely, does PORTABLE.PM not
"work right"?

If the latter -- well, harrumph, I never said that PORTABLE.PM's
STARTUP.INT and SETTINGS.DFL would work with Tame, or any external
program. If you want to adapt them to work with an external program,
be my guest; that's why PORTABLE.PM refrains from substituting its
files for yours and allows you to decide whether and when to do so!

So, I repeat: with Tame running, does PORTABLE.PM write "path-free"
STARTUP.INT and SETTINGS.DFL, as advertised?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx