Re: A general strategy for retaining XyWrite in a non-DOS world

  • From: J R FOX <jr_fox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 10:21:20 -0700 (PDT)

Harry,

I have little faith in anything cloud-based (including Dropbox, Carbonite, et.
al.),
so that's not going to do it for me.

OTOH, I just confirmed your earlier observation about Xy in 32-bit Win 7.
Although I had this OS on one laptop + one desktop for some time now, I
did not manage to try this out until now.  It seems to work, with 24 pt. Lucida
Console giving a tolerable window size.  (No fullscreen option.)  This will
have
limited usefulness, in that I'm leaning towards 64-bit Win 7 on more systems,
and we can't be certain how long either flavor of 7 will last.  So I think I'm
back
to  some combination of the VM wars + NB for printing and other specific uses.

   Jordan

On Sun, 5/25/14, Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Comments?