[x500standard] Future of the directory group

  • From: "Erik Andersen" <era@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Directory list" <x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SG17-Q11" <t09sg17q11@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 16:29:19 +0100

Hi Folks,

The sponsor of my ITU-T meeting participation has decided to discontinue
this sponsorship. This put my further participation in great jeopardy. In
addition, we are in the very sad situation that John Larmouth passed away.

As you may know, ITU-T now starts on a new 4 years study period, where the
Question structure is up for revision. As a result, the directory question
and the ASN.1 question have been merged. In addition a dormant question
mostly responsible for the maintenance of the OSI Recommendations, the ODP
Recommendations and the X.400 Recommendations. You may see the detailed
picture from attached file.

The suggested title of the merged group is "Generic technologies to support
secure applications".

The next ITU-T SG17 meeting is in Geneva, 17 - 26 April 2013. It will be the
only meeting during 2013 (see
http://www.x500standard.com/index.php?n=Ig.Meetings).

Erik