[wkars-members] Re: Who's says D-STAR is dead

  • From: Chris Pegrum <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wkars-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 21:11:06 +0000

What frequency were you on?

73 de M0NAY
Regards from Chris Pegrum
chris@xxxxxxxxxx

On 6 Nov 2015, at 20:17, Mark Kent <mark.antony.kent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday pm Gill M6GVZ was QSO with Jeremy 2E0KJJ in Canterbury via GB3CK,
and we had an M6 chap pop up from South Wales - it turned out he was a Cantab
alumni too - small world, and exceptional for 70 cms.

On 6 Nov 2015, at 19:14, Chris Pegrum <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I heard Rochester on FM but I didn't get to open it. Quite surprised how far
these repeaters are managing to get out on such a low power. All down to
location plus the current odd conditions.

Regards

Chris Pegrum
chris@xxxxxxxxxx

73 de M0NAY

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily
reflect those of Chris Pegrum unless explicitly stated otherwise.
If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Senders and
recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998
the contents may have to be disclosed.
This email has been scanned by the AVG Email Security System. For more
information please visit < http://www.avg.com/gb-en/homepagel>
However Chris Pegrum cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this
email and we recommend that you check all emails with an appropriate virus
scanner.

On 6 Nov 2015, at 18:57, MG Blueyonder <mike.granatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

70cm conditions have been rather interesting today.
I used my CS750 (4w) from Gil's Lap on Ashdown Forest, to open the DMR
repeaters at GB7HR (Heathrow, 69km) and GB7IK (Rochester, 43km). HR was a
little touch and go, but IK was very solid. No Americans, but there was a
bloke from Southend....
73
Mike M0RYK/F4VRD

On 6 Nov 2015, at 17:32, Chris Pegrum <chris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Evening all,
Whilst stopping for a quick sandwich at the Ide Hill Community shop I
thought I would crank the new ID-5100 into life.

Surprised I was to get all the way down to Eastbourne's new repeater and
be one of the first to test it as it was put into service fully today. I
had a brief chat to Paul M0LRE whom runs and I think owns that said
repeater. Even more so to see I got a mention on the homepage.
http://www.mb6eb.co.uk

Later that day on another D-Star repeater I could here odd Americans
calling in. Alas I had to work (pay for the new ham rig) and I could here
the QSO with another ham anyway.

Have a good weekend.

[...]

Dear ,