[Wittrs] [quickphilosophy] Next Up

  • From: "walto" <calhorn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: quickphilosophy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:54:34 -0000

If nobody has anything further to say about the Tractatus, I will tomorrow make
my suggestions for possible a second read, and also ask for (i) additional
suggestions, and (ii) whether this group should continue at all or be
deep-sixed.  It may be that we have not hit a "tipping point" in members or
that the members we have are already over-committed to other groups, or that
the Tractatus was simply not interesting enough or too well understood already
to sustain much confab.  But if I'm going to have to make 3/4 or more of the
posts on every book and so few comments (regardless of who makes them) get any
response at all, my sense is that we don't have critical mass or sufficient
interest to continue.

If any of you DO want to continue with community reads of philosophy books in
which you have some interest, I recommend that you try to get a philosophy
friend or two (who is/are not either nuts or overly aggressive) to sign up!

Best,