[Wittrs] Re: comic book conventions and philosophy of the mind

  • From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 19:52:47 -0700

On the other hand I think about the ethnicity of the artist, vaguely
Archie, a fifties flavor, newspaper look and feel.  Could be New
Yorker.  Short and witty.

Truly art.  Could be duckrabbit.

I think the conundrum (of self in self) is ancient and why not project
to Indonesia, to those shadow puppets?

If those people in black make the shadow figures move (animation) then
what compels them (logical next question)?

Plato's questions get asked around many a late camp fire, and various
elders expound (might be geezers, might be geeks...).

Banal answers of who controls the puppeteers in terms of "it's a job"
or "they need to eat" is to miss the whole phenomenon of culture
(kulture?).

They may have ideological motivations.  This may be a dream come true.

Philosophy that feels somewhat alien, but only somewhat... what does
that mean?

I'd let a Wittgensteinian show me probably, before I'd let just anyone.

Hey, I had a cigar with a bloke who really adores Popper and thinks
his influence was all for the best.

I felt only magnanimous.  Sure, why would I wanna rain on that parade
of all parades?

Philosophers are too often trained by their imperial masters to serve
as scorpions in a jar, for the amusement of their masters.

What I like about Britney's defiance in this commercial, with help
from her friends.

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2008/05/defending-homeland.html

Yes, it's Pepsi.  Reminds me of Food Not Bombs.

Kirby