Re: [Wittrs] Interactive Wittgenstein

  • From: "walto" <walterhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittgenstein's Aftermath <wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:35:52 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> (walter)
>
> ... spirited as you are, you don't have it right (again). You assume too much:
>
> http://seanwilson.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2572&start=0&S=1cd264811ae11a64cb467c8c670930bb
>

> I've never said I "liked Hintikka." His positions about Wittgenstein (that I
> noted above) are deeply curious -- ones I cannot make good sense of. That it
> appears he wrote an interesting chapter in Interactive Wittgenstein speaks of
> the chapter, not of Hintikka.
>
> SW

My point was that if Hintikka can write "an interesting chapter" in spite of
being an analytic philosopher, it might not make sense to dismiss all of his
books as nonsense without reading any of them because he's a member of that
group.  You've often taken the position that if you know somebody is an
analytic philosopher, there's no need at all to even glance at their work--we
can know in advance that it would just be a waste of our time.  Well Hintikka
is about as analytic a philosopher as one can be.