Re: [Wittrs] INFO: Replies to Hawking

  • From: Philip Goff <philgoff1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PHILOS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:01:25 +0100

Fabio:
Excellent summary of Hawking's philosophical discussion of realism versus
anti-realism. We should also not forget his even more naive discussion of
free will later in the book. We should get this up on a website somewhere as
a resource (perhaps together with examples of Dawkins' dreadful discussion
of the arguments for the existence of God).

I agree with Fabio about how harmful this can be for our profession, and
think his campaign idea is fantastic.

When I have more time I might try to co-ordinate this stuff on a website.
Anyone got time to beat me to it?

Philip