[Wittrs] Wittgensteinianisms?

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:05:22 -0800 (PST)

.. would one say Wittgensteinianism or Wittgensteinism? Let's say there was
a man named Wilson. Let's say he did something strange. Let's say that whenever
he did that strange thing, people said, that's a Wilsonism. If we build this
into a philosophy, we might call it Wilsonian (as in the case of Woodrow). So,
is the correct term Wilsonianism or Wilsonism? I suppose it depends upon if the
ism is a philosophy or a "behavior" (in a sense). Wilsonisms would be
mannerisms?

Here's what the other issue is.  Wittgensteinians sometimes come in flavers and
stripes. So if you say Wittgensteinianism are you refering to the applied
philosophy of Wittgenstein or of the group that now bears these jackets? I
suppose if we really wanted to refer to the applied philosophy of the diciples,
we would add an "s" -- Wittgensteiniansims? (Ouch. That doesn't seem right).

Yours in help.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University