[Wittrs] Re: When To Ignore Philosophy

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

... lol. This was just too good to pass up. I couldn't resist. Here's another
of
Walter's gems. (I think he's stalking me).
==================================

"Meanwhile back at Wittrs, Strangelove (who, though a self-acknowledged film
expert, apparently just saw that classic for the first time a week or two ago)
has posted a defense of his authority for naming the best philosophy books of
the 20th Century without having read any. It turns out that geniuses like him
don't actually *have* to read books in order to know they're shit--they, being
doers rather than just readers--can tell from the NAMES of the books (or the
names of their authors, or the pictures on their covers) whether they have any
merit. For such geniuses as these, reading philosophy is a waste of time.
What is worthy of this particular genius's time is watching Godzilla movies,
informing the world at large of his nutritional and terrycloth purchases,
whining about losing at go (whose players must also be in some kind of fucking
social club or his ranking would reflect his true abilities), and dissing
people, theories and books with which he has not even a passing acquaintance.

I would continue, but I have to go eat some pretzels.

W"