[Wittrs] Re: Walter's kind remarks

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 10:21:03 -0800 (PST)

(J)

... goodness you are right about that. I had assumed you were male. That,
indeed, was a prejudice (even if you are).  That's amazing how those things
work.

I think there is some relationship between prejudice and "seeing as." In my
bedroom, I have broad lines of cut garbage bags taped to the window to block
out the sun in the morning. Because the tape job looks like a 4-year old did
it, there are cracks and so forth, while some rows double over into others.
In the morning, when I look at the window, the mix of hues of dark (from the
bags) and of cracks of light and of less dark shades creates interesting
imagery. Each morning as I awake, I see different things. Different
figures. It's like my brain is on autopilot as to what will be image in the
half-awake state that I am in when just waking up. It's quite fascinating.
Sometimes there are demon-like things. Other times there are animals. Today,
there was a postal package. It reminds me completely of duck-rabbit and
of similar sorts of flexible imagery. It seems to me that the brain is doing it.

Anyway, in some sense, I can relate this to the idea of thinking you were
male, while having no basis for such an assertion. It was a construction or a
picture that developed.

Amazing how prejudice works.

My apologies to you if you are not -- and to about half the planet if you are.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University
Personal Website: http://seanwilson.org