[Wittrs] Re: [C] Re: Games with Logic and Bachelor

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:09:35 -0800 (PST)

(Ron)

The reason why I don't type my comments underneath the persons quotes
is twofold. (1) I don't like the style. If the conversation goes on, especially
with several people, it gets hideous in format and really only benefits the two
talkers. An onlooker loses interest quickly. (2) Paragraphs, I think, make the
remarks more substantive. They force your to organize your points before you
offer them. They make you digest the other person's mail before sending your
own. It also discourages talking off the top of the head. And as well it
discourages placing comments below a sentence, only to find that, three
sentences later, something is said that should have erased the first injection.
Bottom line: if composition is too easy, the matter starts looking like a chat
room.

Also, the paragraph-format makes the message board more readable. (Although I
don't think people read it as much anymore).

Regards and thanks

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University