[Wittrs] Introduction

  • From: ornamentalmind <ornamentalmind108@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

In keeping with the standards of this group and having just joined
after a few days of lurking, I am posting my introduction.

I learned about the group from a post Sean made to the Google Group,
Epistemology. I am interested in philosophy in general and ontology in
particular.

I joined this group because I wish to learn more about Wittgenstein.

I do not promise erudite posts to match many I have seen so far.

I do appreciate the clarity found in some posts and at the very least
hope to be transparent when/if I post to a topic.

I was born during WWII and the last full time occupation held was CFO
for a manufacturing firm. I have held many positions during my
lifetime, from life guard to bartender, from pool hustler to computer
programmer, from symphonic flautist to Tai Chi instructor to name only
a few, so my experience is at the very least eclectic.

In the spirit of full disclosure, along with my curiosity about the
inner workings of Wittgenstein, I bring a skeptical prejudice about
any ultimate philosophical value to be found in linguistics. And,
while I greatly appreciate Chomsky, I rejected his suggestion as to
where I should start in the study of linguistics and seek him out more
for his global view.

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz