[wisb] where are the tree swallows?

  • From: Laurie and Jan cieszynski <cieszyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:32:15 -0500

Hi to All,
My Dad and I have noticed that the tree swallows are definitely late
this year. I live in Omro and usually by now the Fox River is swarming
with them. My Dad lives in Wautoma and houses 25-30 pair a Summer at
his home on a small lake. In talking with him last night he said it
seems almost eery there because there are no swallows. This will be a
first time April arrival for me since I started keeping track. My Dad
did have one arrive on Saturday and now 3 pairs today but far short
from where he normally is. My yard is also very quiet except for many
many juncos that seem to add on every day. I did have one house
sparrow this morning which my husband happily took care of for me! :)
On another note, the ospreys have returned to their nest on the power
lines between Oshkosh and Omro. A great sight to see today!
Laurie Cieszynski
Omro, Winnebago County