[wisb] snow buntings Dodge Co

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:46:37 -0600

Went for a drive on some of the area backroads looking for snow buntings.
Found a flock of 60+ on Junction Rd. north of Clyman(Dodge Co). For
whatever reason I can find them there with a fair amount of regularity when
I can't find them anywhere else. Today I got my best looks ever at them
also. They are an elegant looking little bird. Also L. Sinissippi had the
usual canada geese, a couple mallards and about a dozen common mergansers.
The c. geese are so common but it is still fun to watch them set their
wings and drop in for a landing with outstretched feet, especially when
they are coming down on the river with limited space and have to come down
at a steep angle.
Dave Schrab

Hustisford WI

Dodge Co