[wisb] Re: siskins

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "betsyacorn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: jbyrne5004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 11:53:33 -0500

I suspect John's "grackle" may be a European Starling.  After reading his
recent post, I checked my feeders to find, not only that a couple siskins had
returned after a two day vacation, but that my yard and two others nearby, were
COVERED in Starlings.  Well over 100.  And as many House Sparrows.  These are
record numbers for my yard, and exacting a toll on my patience and pocketbook.
Funny thing is that as I go to the porch to exercise my fearsome vocals and
bark like a crazywoman-dog-alienlifeform, the only birds that tolerate it,
simply looking up from their feeding, are the tame siskins and a couple
goldfinch.

Betsy Abert, South Milwaukee
betsyacorn@xxxxxxx