[wisb] orchard oriole, froemming park, milwaukee county to chiwaukee prairie, kenosha

  • From: Pat Fojut <ptfojut@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:31:12 -0500

8 am on the tour of south counties, racine, and kenosha I stopped at
froemming park.  near the building a singing male orchard oriole.
As the two of us moved to racine we spotted veery, blue-gray gnatcatcher,
ruby cr kinglet at colonial park and at wind point we saw cooper's hawk,
american pipit, gold finch and english sparrow along with 7 red-breasted
merganser close to shore.  At Chiwaukee prairie we saw bluebird and a coyote
and finally there was a bobolink as we looped west to bong recreation area.
red-wing black birds and robins were at all the places we went.  Great to
have a day off just for birds.

happy birding,

--
Pat Fojut