[wisb] off topic: water-features for birds

  • From: Judith Huf <judith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:11:16 -0500

I have had a small back yard pond for 17 years, but it has been a struggle with
the cleaning, the raccoons eating the fish and waterlilies, preventing
mosquitos, leakage, etc, etc.  I have decided to replace it with a smaller and
easier to maintain bird-friendly water feature. I am hoping that those of you
out there with experience with this can give me suggestions. I was thinking of
something natural-looking, that would be on or in the ground with a drip or
recirculating water that can have a little heater to keep in going in the
winter. Not too large or too deep.
Thanks,
Judith Huf